Due to COVID-19 concerns we currently only have sculling memberships & clinics for experienced rowers on a first come first served basis. Please check our membership page for more details. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you out on the water in the future!
2 Day Sculling ClinicSunday (3 hr) 7 – 10 AM & Monday 6-8 PM (2 hours)
Dates: June 28-29, July 12-13, July 26-27
Max 4 participants
This 2 day clinic is designed for previous FVRA program participants to get a refresher on, or introduction to, sculling technique with the goal of providing them the confidence to continue in a single as part of FVRAs current 1x sculling membership. All participants will be rowing in a tub 1x or larger single to allow them a stable base in which to work on their sculling technique. Pre-session homework will be sent the week before the session to allow all participants to have a general technique overview before getting out on the water. The clinic will be run by 2 FVRA coaches as well as several support volunteer rowers who will help to guide you while out on the water.
Prerequisites for this clinic are,
- Previous participation in an FVRA program (within the last year)
- A current USRowing Waiver
- The ability to swim
- Masks required during on land instruction
- ROWERS CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN PROGRAMMING UNTIL REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE
- All participants must register with Regatta Central as part of the registration process (accessed by hitting the “Register” button above)
- All participants must sign a USRowing waiver which includes an additional fee of $9.75 for a USRowing Basic Membership
- To sign your waiver please go to:https://membership.usrowing.
- If you are already a USRowing Member,
- Choose “Individuals” > “Members” > “Sign Waiver”
- Login to sign your waiver or verify it has already been signed
If you are not a USRowing Member,
- Choose “Individuals” > “Join”
- Complete the form to sign up for a basic USRowing membership
- Under “Club or Team Name” enter “Farmington Valley Rowing Association” and choose us from the list – we are USR Member # 944
- You will then be asked for a club code to add yourself to our roster – it is, Club Code: R63XE
- The form searches the system to see if an account for you already exists – if it does not you will continue the registration process to sign up for your Basic or Championship (racing team see below) membership. (NOTE: New as of 2016 – A $9.75 admin fee is included as part of the basic membership. Visit USRowing.org for more information on how this fee is used, http://www.usrowing.org/membersonly/member-administration-fee)
- Your seat is not reserved until payment has been received. If paying by check, please make check payable to FVRA and send check to: 542 Hopmeadow Street PMB 101, Simsbury, CT 06070